Jack focuses on balance. If not working on the company, you can find him in the gym, on the jiu-jitsu mats, fly-fishing, meditating, or reading just about any type of book. When working on the company, he codes, builds relationships, looks for areas of improvement, and tries his best to support the team.
Sales & Marketing
Téa is a California native who enjoys time outdoors and trying new recipes in the kitchen. She wants to empower others to build confidence in all areas if their lives. She does this especially when it comes to helping young adults understand their financial situations and choices.
As a tennis player and mathematics major in college, Axel enjoyed studying and performing analytical techniques and other mathematical applications in sports. Now, he applies his skills to the world of personal finance as he aims to help young adults succeed with their money.
Charlie is a Colorado native and a bit of a mountain man: he loves the outdoors, the cold, and especially flannels. In his free time he enjoys reading, running, and gaming.
Jena Durell lives in Burlington, Vermont with her husband and dog. When she’s not writing code, she enjoys year-round outdoor activities, photography, and spending time with family and friends.
Pavel Sonkin, Software Developer
Pasha is a Mathematics and Computer Science double major interested in the economic and financial applications of the two majors. In his spare time, he enjoys playing frisbee, and climbing.
FinSiteful Advisory Board
- Financial Navigator, Inc.
- CEO / Co-founder 1983-2017
- Financial Navigator licensed a technology platform and provided related services to high-net-worth individual investors. This normally involved working with professionals who serve these clients. This included CPAs, investment managers, family office executives, investment firm representatives, attorneys, and hedge fund managers.
- The company was acquired by Asset Vantage Systems, Pvt Ltd in early 2017.
- Davidson College ’69
- BS in Mathematics
- New York University ’71
- MBA, Financial Systems / Finance / Accounting
- University of Chicago ’75
- Post MBA, Finance / Financial Systems
- Wealth Matters LLC
- Founder 2014-Present
- Skills and Experience
- Expertise in income, gift and estate tax planning
- Private foundation establishment and management
- Charitable planning with various entity types, CRT, CLT, donor advised fund and private foundations
- Served as coexecutor on complex estates that was audited by IRS
- Currently serve as cotrustee on complex family trusts
- Organizer and Chair of the Charlotte Family Office Forum
- Member of FORGE
- Community Engagement
- Member Women’s Impact Fund and Development Committee
- Member John M. Belk Endowment Investment Committee
- Member Queens University Planned Giving Council
- CFA Institute
- Managing Director, Credentialing 2015-Present
- Interim Managing Director, Americas Region 2019-Present
- Managing Director and Co-Lead, Education 2013-2015
- Head, University Relations and Private Wealth Management 2011-2013
- Head, Professional Education Content and Private Wealth 2007-2011
- Private Practice
- Financial Analyst and Forensic Economist 1999-2007
- Alesco Advisors, LLC
- Principal 2005-2006
- Saint Bonaventure University
- Professor of Finance 1996-2006
- Manning & Napier Advisors
- Portfolio Manager 1990-1992
- Quick & Reilly
- Stock Broker 1989-1990
- Saint Bonaventure University ’89
- BBA, Finance and Math
- University of Buffalo School of Management, The State University of New York ’96
- Ph.D., Finance and Economics
- Davidson College
- Associate Professor in Mathematics 2010-Present
- Harvey Mudd College ’05
- BS, Mathematics, Economics
- Georgia Institute of Technology ’10
- Ph.D., Algorithms, Combinatorics and Optimization
- University of Cambridge
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Mathematics
- Stanford Investment Group
- Vice President 2000-2016
- BioWorks, Inc.
- Board Member 1996-2006
- Unison Capital Group
- President 1987-2000
- San Jose State University ’66
- BSEE, Electrical Engineering
- University of San Francisco ’75
- MA, Business Psychology